CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Plan to get Active

This past few weeks have been weeks where I'm trying to figure out, what to do and where to go. Now that I'm starting to feel better (a lot better!) I'm starting to get a little bit of cabin fever. I'm not use to being home all the time, with not much to do and no where to go. Also not to mention my energy level is still at a minimum, so though I may be feeling better, I still get tired pretty quick. I have applied to a few jobs as I feel I should be working a little bit ( just to save my sanity even) and help my husband out some, but as of yet no luck (not that I believe in luck). The past week I was really starting to get discouraged, I've been kind of feeling like this off and on the past couple months. Even though Adam and I are VERY excited about this little baby, it wasn't really our plan (though I do know it's Gods plan! =)). Now I'm trying to figure out where I fit into this plan, and if I'm suppose to be a photographer, how am I suppose to get my feet of the ground and started. If I want to get the equipment I need to get business started then I need a job, I can't get a job because no one seems to want to hire a pregnant lady. Also in the last month I turned down two weddings I could of done because they were around my due date. I was very discouraged because I felt like that was a way to get my foot in the door...to get experience and get my name out there.

This sad, pity-party thinking is coming to an end! Somedays it's hard, especially when to you have a lot of time on your hands to sit and dwell. God has a reason for this baby, and for it coming into our lives at this time, and instead of sitting around feeling sorry for myself I need to start doing something about it. First off, one good thing about a baby, is I will always have a cute adorable model available 24/7 for me. This way I can practice, and get promotional shots...and who doesn't want 25 million (exaggeration) photos of their baby =). We most likely won't need to take our baby to a professional photographer (Money saver!!) because I am one! Also, this baby provides me with a foot in the door! When you have a baby who else are you going to meet buut other mothers with babies!! Where as before I didn't know anyone, or hardly anyone. So those are all exciting things that can happen once the baby's born ( not to mention all the other exciting things that parents get to experience that we are thrilled about!) but what about now, here I have free time, and nothing to do. Well answer to prayers this week I did pick up some work with a photographer I was working with before Christmas. Not a lot but a little bit through the week. Plus I started thinking, and I really do need to get things organized, Finish old photos of mine that I haven't finished. And start thinking about the future, ways to improve my skills, help me stay creative and ways to inspire me. Start thinking about ways to get my business started. There are many things that I can be working on, and I don't need to sit around feeling sorry because I'm not going anywhere.

Now the key is to keep this ambition. I find myself many a times getting inspired and motivated one day and the next back to the same old routine. I really pray that I start to do something and go somewhere, I would really like this education to pay off one way or another. I have this urge and desire and passion to create, now I just need to go out and do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment